Sunday, October 25, 2009

I don't claim to be ....


a professional photographer.  I think I would classify myself more of a serious hobbyist with a desire to become professional...someday.  I just really enjoy photographing the world as I come by.  This blog is the open book of my journey as I progress.  Hopefully, you'll find it enjoyable or at least interesting.

My equipment, well that depends.   It will range from a point and shoot, to my camera phone to my Nikon DSLR.  Do I follow all the "rules" of photography, no, but then I do believe the old saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Yes some rules should be followed but then others are suggestions. I look at it as a Picasso, I am not a huge fan of Picasso Paintings but there are many people who are.  Does this mean I think Picasso wasn't good or an artist?  Not on your life, I just happen to not be a big fan of that style and that doesn't make it bad art.  Art is a very subjective field.  Another example, have you ever seen a picture and said "wow", but yet your friend goes "I don't get it" or "eww".   Some people love animal pictures and some people don't.  And that's Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment